We meet all 10 recognized Program Standards for effective preschool programs by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Highly Qualified Teachers- All Lead Teachers have educational background in Early Childhood Education. For all staff we implement continuous training through participation in annual workshops, conferences, and college courses to keep our teachers up-to-date, creative and well-informed.
- Limited Class Size for all ages for Proper Student-Teacher Ratio.
Our classes use our extensive collection of children’s books and participate in special story times.
SPECIAL VISITORS AND IN-HOUSE EXPERIENCES
- Creature Teacher – A unique experience with a different animal and science lesson monthly.
- Community visitors such as firefighters, police officers and dental health professionals.
- Children’s Chapel time for our Kindergarten and PreK 4s.
- Children’s choir with music class weekly.
- Lunch Bunch
- Spanish lessons
- Ecology lessons in our specially equipped “ECO” room.
We invite parents & grandparents to take an active role in the life of the Wesley Memorial School by participating in class activities such as helping with creative projects, reading to children, chaperoning field trips (K), bringing special snacks, sharing talents & hobbies, assisting with class cooking or nature walks.
We seek to help children think about others “beyond their backyard” and build attitudes of care and compassion:
- -Children’s CROP Walk for hunger.
- -Canned food drive
- -Church wide Mission support and disaster relief.
- -Creating Cards for our Veteran’s and the home bound.
FAMILY LIFE EVENTS
We offer fun times & chances for families to get to know one another. Favorite family events held during the school year include Fall Festival, Lunch with Mr. & Mrs. Santa, Easter Egg Hunt, Family Night, and Springfest Carnival & Auction!